Joe Anderson invites special guest Nicole Newman, Esq. to discuss the ten most common estate planning mistakes she comes across as an estate planning attorney.
(00:55) Mistake #1: Dying Intestate
(01:38) Mistake #2: Having an “I Love You” Will
(02:20) Mistake #3: Owning Real Property Jointly
(04:07) Mistake #4: Giving Property Outright to Heirs
(15:45) Mistake #4: Other Options
(17:55) Mistake #5: Not Having the Right Trust
(18:50) Mistake #6: Not Funding the Trust Properly
(19:54) Mistake #7: Not Updating Your Estate Plan
(21:00) Mistake #8: Doing It Yourself
(21:40) Mistake #9: Believing a Trust Alone is Enough
(24:40) Mistake #10: Believing the Biggest Enemy is … Uncle Sam
If you would like to schedule a free assessment with one of our CFP® professionals, click here:
Make sure to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and stay tuned for the next episode of “Your Money, Your Wealth.”
“Your Money, Your Wealth” channels & show times:
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc. does not offer tax or legal advice. Consult with their tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result. Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.